Thursday, June 29, 2006

AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhh can you feel all that soft, gentle serenity? Do you have plenty of that going on in your life today? I mean right now??
Is there such thing as 12 STEPS for Codependants?
That's the question. Do I have: Peace and rest? Or are they sucking the LIFE out of you? Or are you making everyone in your life insane because of your doings or NOT doings? Which is it? You or them? Of course it's all them. That's the right answer! Did you hear the buzzer ring just then? Can you blame all your woes on what those other people are doing to ruin your life? Kinda makes ya wanna go DRINK! I KNOW it! Or some of you would never "take up" alcohol. I know you! No problem popping those "pills" your Dr. O'Dear keeps giving you just to make you happy that you got what you came for or just to SHUT you UP! Huh?!? O.K., I know that probably isn't your style either. But hey, how bout some cookies, cake, candy and a bag a chips with biscuts and gravy to start your day! That't what I'm talkin about. Maybe it is just some SUGAR or SALT or FAT which is it? These toxic addictions are as acceptable as smoking! Just as harmful. Hmm.... and God sees everything. Don't be fooled.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is; not as I would have it; trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will; so that I may be reasonable happy in this life and supremely happy with you forever in the next. amen . reinhold niebuhr
Favorite artists this page:
Pedro Fraile
David Smith
Posted by Picasa

No comments: