Sunday, October 24, 2010

Got some STINKIN THINKIN????

If we have experienced any kind of abuse, trauma or loss or plain bad luck we can be driven by our own stinkin thinkin into acting on our addiction or compulsions. All we need is an exuse for a pity party and to BRING it on! That is... our own methods which spiral us into circling the drain!

Best thing is to learn what stinkin thinkin is and when it is happening to stop and correct. Could be patterns of negativity statements we heard from the generations before us or our own ability to feel sorry for ourselves.

Check it out here:
Also a quick little exercise out of the "woe is me" state is to make a grateful list! Simple things to start with like waking up everyday, being able to walk and talk and spending time with the ones we love and for those who actually DO love and care about us! I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ and stand today and everyday just
grateful to be forgiven!

Say this: Lord, I thank you that you have loved me before I could love myself. Thank you for sticking with me and protecting me from fully acting on all my stinkin thinkin! Thank you for your never ending mercy and grace and sparing me from getting all my actions may really deserve! Help me turn over now all those things in this life that have caused me pain and hurt that I cannot understand. Please, please forgive me for all the things I have done to hurt you, myself and others in my life. Help me now to fully surrender my life to you and trust you with my future. Thank you for your goodness and for doing for me what I could not do for myself! Amen.

No comments: